When choosing floral tributes there are a few things to consider that may help you make your choice.
Time of year
Your choice of arrangement could depend on the time of year. In summer, garden flowers and pastel shades are more popular but in winter, darker foliage and berries dominate.
Equally the deceased favourite flowers could dictate the style and colour of tribute you choose. Traditionally roses and lilies are associated with funerals in a traditional shape like a wreath however in more recent times styles have shifted to a more modern/contemporary design.
More and more families are choosing to have flowers from immediate family members only and asking for donations from anyone else who may wish to send a tribute. This is especially the case if the funeral is a cremation.
You can find examples of floral tribute designs below and ideas for sympathy messages further down this page.
Sympathy and Funeral Flowers Card Messages
After you have ordered flowers you can then choose to complete a card to accompany them, finding the right words for some can be harder than choosing the flowers. With this in mind we have a few suggestions that may help.
- You will always be missed.
- Gone but never forgotten.
- Always in my heart.
- Rest in peace.
- With love and fond memories.
- In loving remembrance of _____.
- You brought joy, happiness, and laughter to all who met you. You will be deeply missed by all who knew you.
- Time may pass and fade away but memories of you will always remain.
- I know you are in better hands now, but I still wish you were in mine.
- There is one star in the sky tonight brighter than all the rest.
- Our hearts are filled with sadness and tears, but our memories are filled with smiles of the good times we shared over the years.
- Loss leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal.
- God took you in his loving arms. He saw you needed rest. His garden must be beautiful for He only takes the best.
- God saw you getting weary, so he did what he thought best, He put his arms around you and whispered come and rest.
- Goodnight and God bless
- God will bless and keep you in his care.
- May God keep you by His side.
- Oh Lord, grant unto him/her eternal rest.